March 23, 2020
As the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues around the world, we would like to share guidance and steps Unified Building Group (UBG) is taking to protect our communities. We wanted to reach out and assure you that UBG will maintain the reliable support you are accustomed to despite our current environment. The health and safety of all UBG employees, families, clients, trade partners and workers continues to be our top priority.
Our mission and goals have always been to provide superior service, transparent communication, and teamwork all while taking care of our clients and communities. The Team at UBG is continuing to follow these exact principles throughout these dynamic times.
Unified has taken a number of innovative & precautionary measures and our teams are strictly adhering to the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
Below are a few ways we are keeping our job-sites safe:
Individuals feeling experience illness are required to stay home.
All meetings are kept to 10 individuals or less with 6 ft distance between individuals.
Remote Work- Large meetings are being conducted virtually. UBG supports all employees in focusing on what they need to do to take care of themselves and loved ones. We want as many people as possible, especially those with high risks, to work from home.
Number of people on job-sites are limited to essential personnel.
Non-essential personnel are working from home.
CDC recommendations are being posted on job-sites for employees to follow.
All employees are screened prior to job-site entry.
Reusable tools and equipment are disinfected after use.
Sharing of tools, equipment and PPE is prohibited.
Financial Transactions -There are individuals who are using this situation to target the financial dealing of companies. We will not change payment instructions via email or text. Please do not act upon or accept any requests to change the payment instructions specified in your contract with UBG unless the communication comes directly from an Executive member in writing by regular mail, and you follow up with a phone call to UBG at a number you know to be accurate. For more information, please visit our website.
We have also set up a webpage for you that lists all of the safety precautions we are utilizing along with further information you may find helpful.
We will continue to monitor this situation and adjust to guidelines set by national and local governments as well as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention as well as the World Health Organization to protect the well being of our employees, their families, your job-sites, our clients and our local communities.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.
Stay Safe and Stay Healthy,
- The Unified Team
Keeping The Job-site Safe
- Individuals will NOT report to work while they are experiencing illness symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, body aches, chills, or fatigue. Individuals will seek medical attention if showing any symptoms above
- No large meetings. Any meeting over 10 will be held virtually.
- Non-essential personnel will not report to job-site but rather work from home.
- CDC recommendations will be appropriately communicated on job-sites(and post signage where appropriate) to your staff and tradespeople, IE How to Protect Yourself.
- Personnel will be screened prior to entering the job-site.
- Sharing of tools, equipment and Personal Protective Gear (PPE) is prohibited
- All reusable tools and equipment will be sanitized after use.
- Daily routine cleaning of doorknobs, counters and other surfaces